Olympic Basketball

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Olympic Basketball

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The men's team begins competition with their first exhibition against Canada in Las Vegas today. We all know about KD's status, but predictably, Kawhi Leonard has also dropped out and is being replaced by Derrick White. I have no idea why Leonard was even a part of the process to this point.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Re: Olympic Basketball

Post by Kryptonic »

Thanks FF for posting this.

pickle

Post by pickle »

And Jaylen Brown is already feeling snubbed. Maybe rightfully so.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I mean he was the finals mvp and 3 of his teammates are on the Olympic team and he’s at home

TOO

Post by TOO »

He's probably off doing something important like nuclear fusion or something.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Brown is the better player, but White is a better role player for this USA team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I agree.. but I also can see why Jalen might be a bit salty

pickle

Post by pickle »

But also as laid out but some of the talking heads the US just lost Kawhi and KD is also injured so the front court depth is a bit lacking right now. Brown has the bulk to play that role.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I can't really figure out if the Americans offensive issues are a product of Steve Kerr or never having a consistent roster. Probably a little of both.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:47 pm
I can't really figure out if the Americans offensive issues are a product of Steve Kerr or never having a consistent roster. Probably a little of both.
Blame LeBron. -twitter probably

Split T

Post by Split T »

Embiid was pretty rough out there tonight…Book had a good showing 9/2/2 on 4/6 shooting…had a couple of assists taken away because teammates blew wide open shots. AD might’ve been the best player tonight….offense might come and go, but US should have a pretty dominant defense…love watching Jrue play D

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Canada blew their chance at a gold medal last summer. The competition in this tournament will be much higher than the World Cup and it'll be tough for any team to match the Americans.

It was his first ever FIBA game so I can't be too critical, but Embiid was really rough and the offense lacked cohesion with him on the court. He might have trouble playing within the team more than anyone expected. It kinda reminded me of watching Brandon Ingram last summer. Ingram never found a rhythm and pretty quickly lost his minutes. I'm sure Embiid has a longer leash than Ingram, but this team is also much more talented and versatile so I wouldn't write off the possibility of him being demoted to the bench or only a situational role.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Aww, poor guy has to be petty because they aren't facing the C-team from the USA this time.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I don’t know about you guys … I’m having trouble rooting for these non-Suns players.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Found the non-American. ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

pickle wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:02 am
I don’t know about you guys … I’m having trouble rooting for these non-Suns players.
I am fine rooting for most of them, but I rolled my eyes at that quote from Ant Edwards where he was saying he was the best player on the team and the #1 option or whatever. Settle down, Ant.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:58 am
pickle wrote:
I am fine rooting for most of them, but I rolled my eyes at that quote from Ant Edwards where he was saying he was the best player on the team and the #1 option or whatever. Settle down, Ant.
I love ANT. His bravado is hilarious.

I can't stand Tatum or Embiid. Embiid just plays a really ugly brand of basketball and he doesn't even belong on team USA he should be playing for Cameroon. Tatum is so vanilla and boring.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Like Dillon Brooks? Yeah.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:58 am
pickle wrote:
I love ANT. His bravado is hilarious.

I can't stand Tatum or Embiid. Embiid just plays a really ugly brand of basketball and he doesn't even belong on team USA he should be playing for Cameroon. Tatum is so vanilla and boring.
Yeah I thought Embiid should have been playing for Cameroon too. I watched a bit of the game against Canada and if USA locks in on D they will be unbeatable. If they try to just our score everyone they are a little vulnerable

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just finished watching Australia vs US. Jock Lansdale was a stand out for the Australians. Booker had a nice game for the US and was 7-7 from the FT line to help preserve the victory after the US blew a large lead to only win by 6.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."