2014 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2014 NBA Draft

Post by INFORMER »

Marc Spears has an article on Clint Capela:
One NBA scout said Capela's body and game reminded him of Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders. But several scouts also cautioned that Capela is raw, has a poor jumper and needs to gain strength.

"I don't know if I've seen a guy that size that can get up in the air that quickly," one NBA scout said. "Great length. Good hands. He made some difficult catches. He's very raw, but he has a lot to work with. He can't shoot and needs to be more vocal.

"But you just don't find a lot of guys with that size with a quick twitch, quick second jump, great length and runs well. He definitely has a high ceiling."

Capela said it will cost an NBA team $500,000 to get him out of his French contract.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-s-new- ... 41773.html
Free Agency
DeMar Derozan for the minimum!

PG: Jordan McLaughlin, Killian Hayes, Kris Dunn, Spencer Dinwiddie, Monte Morris
C: Mo Bamba, Andre Drummond, James Wiseman, Goga Bitadze, Jay Huff

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sounds identical to Nerlens Noel. Wiz pick draft and stash?

carey

Post by carey »

Capela was awful in the hoop summit game yesterday.

5 points, 4 fouls, one bucket...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

From what I understand, not many looked good outside of the US kids.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

No one impressed me, but I wasn't giving the game my full attention. I'm going back to re-watch the entire thing.
Free Agency

PG: Jordan McLaughlin, Killian Hayes, Kris Dunn, Spencer Dinwiddie, Monte Morris

TOO

Post by TOO »

Montrezl Harrell is returning to school.. Probably smart.

carey

Post by carey »

Willie Cauley-Stein: I'm proud to say I'm coming back for my junior year. I still have an empty spot to fulfill and in no rush to leave the best fans in the USA!

I had him pegged as a target with our later first. Oh well. Good for Kentucky though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:Willie Cauley-Stein: I'm proud to say I'm coming back for my junior year. I still have an empty spot to fulfill and in no rush to leave the best fans in the USA!

I had him pegged as a target with our later first. Oh well. Good for Kentucky though.
Same here - had him with the Indiana pick.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Montrezl Harrell is returning to school.. Probably smart.
That's huge for me. He was probably my top choice for the Suns.
Free Agency

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he’s heading to the NBA draft, his father, Harvey, told SI.com on Monday. Jerami Grant will sign with an agent, according to his father.
http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/0 ... nba-draft/

Ugh, I just know he's going to end up with the Suns.
Free Agency

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he’s heading to the NBA draft, his father, Harvey, told SI.com on Monday. Jerami Grant will sign with an agent, according to his father.
http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/0 ... nba-draft/

Ugh, I just know he's going to end up with the Suns.

Nah, we have enough 3/4 tweeners. We need shooters and interior play.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm telling you, McDonough's going to go bonkers for him.
Free Agency

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm not saying youre wrong, but I hope you are. He's like Hakim Warrick 2.0 to me.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Montrezl Harrell is returning to school.. Probably smart.
That's huge for me. He was probably my top choice for the Suns.
Same here. He was my favorite (available) PF for our team from upcoming draft. I like him more than Payne and Capela.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

He's exactly what the Suns need: a beast in the paint. There is no one on the team that offers the physicality he does.
Free Agency

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Be very interesting to see what the Sixers do if they get 3 and Wiggins and Parker go 1-2. I think you almost gotta take Embid, but they do have Noel.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Be very interesting to see what the Sixers do if they get 3 and Wiggins and Parker go 1-2. I think you almost gotta take Embid, but they do have Noel.
I think we find out if Parker comes out or stays at Duke another year. Being a Duke fan, I hope he comes back and works hard with the kids coming in to win a ring.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

If Parker stays, the rest of college basketball (save for Kentucky) should just stay home. Parker with Okafor would be ridiculous.
Free Agency

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Another help for Parker and Okafor would be Tyus Jones. He is a better passer, better ball handler, better game manager, and a better player than Quinn Cook and will help facilitate to improve the team too. I wouldn't hand them the trophy just yet, but it would be fun to watch.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I've read recently that the 2014 class is not as strong as expected (which itself was quite expectable, considering the aberrant amount of hype earlier in the season) and that instead 2015 could be the sh!7, especially in terms of big men.