Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:24 am
There are already a plethora of conspiracy theories floating around. They were on Twitter, so they must all be true.
Ah. Maga's specialty. Everything is a conspiracy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:15 am
I would go to incompetence before I’d go to a widespread coordinated assassination by the secret service…under Biden’s orders?
The idea that the USSS somehow was behind the shooting is preposterous. The Secret Service mostly loves Trump. They certainly don't want him killed. And frankly if they wanted him dead, they could have actually gotten the job done, not this botched shooting that barely grazed the guy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:29 pm
"Are there any articles or stories on this person from reputable sources?"
I'm glad you posted that, actually. You're totally right that I shared video of RFK / Trump's phone call that was posted by some rando on Twitter. You're also right that I frequently push back against In2 and others for posting random twitter people's tweets as news, asking them for more reliable sources. None of us is perfect about this. I should have found a better source for that video. You're absolutely right to ask for a better source; I believe another poster did reply with a better one from a real media outlet. Please do continue holding me and others here accountable and asking for better sources for news and information; it is important to do this.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:15 am
I would go to incompetence before I’d go to a widespread coordinated assassination by the secret service…under Biden’s orders?
I'm not putting blame on Biden.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:40 pm

2nd Tweet. Extensive? Days from when it happened. Okay....
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Interesting to see.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:27 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:40 pm

2nd Tweet. Extensive? Days from when it happened. Okay....
From the people who brought you 2,000 mules and plandemic

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Just a coincidence, but kind of crazy.

TOO

Post by TOO »

George Bush tried to kill Donald Trump.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did anyone see him that day?

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

What if Donald Trump tried to kill George's bush?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:24 pm
What if Donald Trump tried to kill George's bush?
Trumps all over anything with Bush.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Interesting speculation.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't really see anything in these last several tweets that merits any attention or response. I feel like you are really going down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole the past week or two, In2.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I haven't even taken a position. Just presenting the oddities. You have made your own opinion based on the information you've seen.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Based on the shooter's phone data, it sounds like he was wanting to kill either of the political candidates and it just happened to be Trump who was visiting his city first.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Several earlier posts commented about understanding how anyone could vote for Trump. I found this an interesting read.

https://www.thefp.com/p/why-americas-zo ... re-turning

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:51 am
Several earlier posts commented about understanding how anyone could vote for Trump. I found this an interesting read.

Thanks. Will check it out as I totally don't understand.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:51 am

The article says Gen Z is moving towards Trump, but I don’t really buy it…most of their examples of young people supporting Trump were already conservative…there were a couple examples of people who said they are switching…2 of them said it’s because of gas prices(which the article states has nothing to do with Biden). The other’s reasoning was she hated Trump because she thought he was racist and now thinks his racist comments are just jokes and that as a catholic she can’t vote for someone who supports abortion(so she was conservative to begin with as well). Other examples were people just being impressed with how cool he looked after the assassination attempt.

The article does show why people vote for him…they blame their financial struggles on Biden or they have conservative values like pro-life. Or they are drawn to the tough guy, won’t fall in line, persona. I get it…I have a lot of family that supports him for the same reasons(my family is all white, middle to upper class, heterosexual conservative christians.

I don’t personally claim to know who would help the economy more. In a lot of ways I personally am better off financially now than I was under Trump(though I wish interest rates would drop as I’m trying to buy a home). My reason for not voting for Trump comes down to the fact that I don’t think he’s a good person. I don’t believe he truly cares about the people of this country(though I do think he’d love to get credit for making people’s lives better). Unfortunately I think he also enjoys making people’s lives who disagree with him(or cross him) worse. I don’t think he cares who he tramples to get his way. He wants power and if that hurts LGBTQ, minorities, non-Christians, etc. so be it. I don’t believe most Trump supporters are racist, sexist, homophobic bigots, but he has empowered the extremists within the country that are and doesn’t do enough to condemn or silence them.

I’m not voting for Biden either…I don’t think he is remotely capable of being president in his current mental state….we’ll see if he steps down. I’d have to look more into Kamala Harris if he does.