The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Kryptonic

Re: The Democrats

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:49 pm
Can you imagine a Vulcan as narcissistic as Trump?

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:49 pm
Can you imagine a Vulcan as narcissistic as Trump?
I think Trump would do better in the Captain Kirk role. Biden could do Spock in Season 3 Episode 1.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think Buttigieg will nor should be Biden's replacement as Presidential candidate, but he is an excellent communication and will have a strong future.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Exactly Pete.

On Trump’s growing group of Silicon Valley billionaires, Buttigieg says: “These are very rich man who have decided to back the Republican party which does very good things for very rich men.”
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is good news. Menendez OUT

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Bob.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:20 am
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Bob.
Andy Kim will be a massive upgrade in every way.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hopefully he isn’t as corruptible as Bob was.

Tax audits every year on all politicians should be required. Yes, some would be turned off by that. Those are the ones we don’t want running.
Last edited by Nodack on Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:07 pm
Hopefully she isn’t as corruptible as Bob was.

Tax audits every year on all politicians should be required. Yes, some would be turned off by that. Those are the ones we don’t want running.
She?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Fixed fast. Saw that right away. You are fast.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:09 pm
Fixed fast. Saw that right away. You are fast.
I'm retired, man! :D I can hang with the musicians now!

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m sick at home. Cancelled that steady you saw me at. Better off for everyone. It’s summer and slower around here anyway so, I have more spare time. I would play ps5 but, my wife is coming home soon and hates it when I play ps5 for some reason. I could binge watch GOT for a week and she wouldn’t care. Five minutes of ps5 and she is annoyed that I’m not cleaning something. Lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:16 pm
I’m sick at home. Cancelled that steady you saw me at. Better off for everyone. It’s summer and slower around here anyway so, I have more spare time. I would play ps5 but, my wife is coming home soon and hates it when I play ps5 for some reason. I could binge watch GOT for a week and she wouldn’t care. Five minutes of ps5 and she is annoyed that I’m not cleaning something. Lol
Ha! So funny about the game playing dynamic and I know you are not alone. I don't know why games got the short stick when it comes to entertainment. TV binge watching: OK. Reading for hours: OK. Going to 2 hour movies: OK. 10 minutes of game playing: Don't you have things to do?!

I am looking forward to getting back into Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom when I finally get all my stuff back and get settled into a new home. I'm going on three months of being unsettled and I can't wait until it is over.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:26 pm
Nodack wrote:
Ha! So funny about the game playing dynamic and I know you are not alone. I don't know why games got the short stick when it comes to entertainment. TV binge watching: OK. Reading for hours: OK. Going to 2 hour movies: OK. 10 minutes of game playing: Don't you have things to do?!

I am looking forward to getting back into Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom when I finally get all my stuff back and get settled into a new home. I'm going on three months of being unsettled and I can't wait until it is over.
Dude! I just restarted Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom so my 4 1/2-year-old little girl could watch me play (and it had been what feels like a year since I last played it, knowing I'd need a refresher anyway). We are in Yachats on vacation for a month and I brought it with me. She had a blast watching me play as she'd never seen Zelda. Looking forward to playing more this evening, for as long as my wife will allow. Usually 20 or 30 minutes before she's annoyed and wants me doing something productive. Binge watching a show or movie though with her, no problem. What I'd give so that she'd be into videogames. I keep offering to play It Takes Two with her, since it requires two players and she forgets the blast we had playing it a couple of years ago for about 30 minutes. But alas, she's always too tired or it's not interesting. Video games, VR, you name it, she isn't interested.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Same. I tried and she just isn’t into it. She is in a book club. Guys are guys and girls are girls. We like different things. Staying married requires you find some common things you can do together.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

This is comforting…. When do we form our support group that meets weekly?

My wife still suffers from a serious Diablo 2/counter-strike habit I had 24 years ago. I swear the “beep”from the ps5 makes her twitch.

Get well ‘Dack!

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Oh man, I LOVED TOTK. I finished it last summer, kept me entertained for hours upon hours. I'm tempted to start BoTW again just for fun. My wife sees me playing the Switch constantly, and I'm now playing the Zelda Game Boy Color games, and she's like I'm never getting that back, am I? Hmmm, Zelda, or Animal Kingdom-tough call as to which one will win out.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:30 pm
This is comforting…. When do we form our support group that meets weekly?

My wife still suffers from a serious Diablo 2/counter-strike habit I had 24 years ago. I swear the “beep”from the ps5 makes her twitch.

Get well ‘Dack!
I had a bad CS habit too in college, especially my freshman and sophomore years, so around 2001/2002. I actually downloaded it on Steam a few years ago and started playing again, but haven't played much over the past ~2 years. Maybe time to get back in the swing of things?

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Sounds like it's time to hijack another thread with another edition of:

What is wife (baby don't hurt me)?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
She wants your attention instead of the game. At least that's what my wife told me, when I experienced the same
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass