Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Social media

Post by Mori Chu »

Elon Musk's daughter pushes back on statements Elon made about her recently in his interview with Jordan Peterson. (Go watch clips from that interview if you want to watch two pathetic weirdos try to out-weirdo each other.). Elon said his daughter is now dead to him because she changed her gender (to female), among other claims. Her responses are below.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:44 am
I hate EVs and I'm def not a Republican. Loud noises and exhaust fumes bring me much joy.
Maybe they can attach a loud speaker to the EV’s gas pedal with your choice of engine noises. I think I want to drive an F-16 today. Or maybe the NASCAR setting turned up to 11.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:43 am
TOO wrote:
I hate EVs and I'm def not a Republican. Loud noises and exhaust fumes bring me much joy.
Maybe they can attach a loud speaker to the EV’s gas pedal with your choice of engine noises. I think I want to drive an F-16 today. Or maybe the NASCAR setting turned up to 11.
Id settle for card in bike spokes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:12 am
Elon Musk's daughter pushes back on statements Elon made about her recently in his interview with Jordan Peterson. (Go watch clips from that interview if you want to watch two pathetic weirdos try to out-weirdo each other.). Elon said his daughter is now dead to him because she changed her gender (to female), among other claims. Her responses are below.

Apparently I was right when I surmised that Musk was never around as a parent to his children.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:43 am
TOO wrote:
Id settle for card in bike spokes.
I'm pretty sure this is already a thing in some of the EV sports cars. (not the card in bike spokes sfx)

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Tesla has a loud speaker on it that does real important things like make fart noises. You can pick the specific fart noise that appeals to you the most. You can pick the specific seat in the car you want the noise to come from or make it play outside. There is also a setting where you talk inside the car but, the voice coming out of the speaker outside sounds like Satan or Robo Cop. “Step away from the car!” “I have come for your soul!” The only car noise it makes normally is when you back up.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump banned TikTok, but now he claims he'll be the only candidate to save it. Either he's full of shit, or he has been given some of their money.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That’s a tough call. Full of shit or bought?

I am going to have to answer yes to both.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

By the numbers, Elon has really harmed Twitter during his time owning it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/27/tech ... -musk.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This sounded like...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think that was the idea.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:31 am
By the numbers, Elon has really harmed Twitter during his time owning it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/27/tech ... -musk.html

For such a smart guy he does a lot of really really dumb things. He bought Twitter for a crap load of money just to F with Dems, LGBT, media, woke and promote right wing nationalism. Now it’s not worth near as much and a lot of advertisers have left. Elon has declared war on Dems and they are the ones who buy his cars. Not surprisingly Tesla sales have dropped.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Story Behind Tesla's Success
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/p ... uccess.asp
Contrary to popular belief, Tesla was not an overnight success. The company was founded in 2003 by two Silicon Valley engineers Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, who sought to make electric cars that were fast and fun to drive….

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The ads they have on Twitter are mostly right-wing fringey rage stuff nowadays anyway. I click on almost any tweet and scroll down for the comments, and the ad that shows is something like "STAND WITH TRUMP" or "DID YOU KNOW KAMALA HARRIS IS A SKANK?" etc. That and "Blue Chew" boner pills and other gross content. Nice advertisers you got there Elon.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:13 pm
The ads they have on Twitter are mostly right-wing fringey rage stuff nowadays anyway. I click on almost any tweet and scroll down for the comments, and the ad that shows is something like "STAND WITH TRUMP" or "DID YOU KNOW KAMALA HARRIS IS A SKANK?" etc. That and "Blue Chew" boner pills and other gross content. Nice advertisers you got there Elon.
Go woke go broke, right?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:13 pm
I wouldn’t know. No Twitter for me. I still have to see it because all the posts seem to be Twitter/X these days. I guess if this crowd were all teenagers we would be posting tictoc posts.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Well worth reading if you want to understand the true nature of "liberal bias" in the MSM and social media:

https://www.natesilver.net/p/twitter-el ... ndigo-blob

In general, I find Nate Silver by far the best of the bunch. Great analytics, only pollster I really trust.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I read most of it and agreed with his take on mainstream vs FOX bias. Mainstream has a slight left to moderate left lean. FOX goes after Maga and is hard right.

The last part about Twitter seemed a bit bitter to me. I don’t go there but, he was obviously attacked for his views on Twitter and prefers Musk’s X to the old Twitter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Silver's data, but I tune out when he tries to be a pundit. He, like a lot of people, has a lot of biases. And he seems to love to be contrarian just for its own sake.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh, this seems kind of bad. Is this legal?