Harris 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Harris 2024

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:37 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:25 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:20 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:14 pm
I genuinely don't think he's scared at all about Kamala. I think, as do a lot of people, that Kamala is just a placeholder and not worth the effort.
Sorry dude, that’s wishful thinking. She ain’t going anywhere. Face the facts. You are delusional if you think she is a placeholder at this point.
I'm not delusional. The polls put out and the breathless admiration by the media and normally sane Dems is delusional. I could be wrong, but it's not delusional.
Dude, no. She’s the candidate whether you like it or not. Anybody is crazy to think otherwise at this point.
Yes, she is the candidate, at this point. Remind me how many votes she got in the primaries? If they can pull a coup on Biden after bad polling, they can do the same thing to Kamala later too. The DNC is going to be lit in Chicago.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:43 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:37 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I genuinely don't think he's scared at all about Kamala. I think, as do a lot of people, that Kamala is just a placeholder and not worth the effort.
Sorry dude, that’s wishful thinking. She ain’t going anywhere. Face the facts. You are delusional if you think she is a placeholder at this point.
I'm not delusional. The polls put out and the breathless admiration by the media and normally sane Dems is delusional. I could be wrong, but it's not delusional.
Dude, no. She’s the candidate whether you like it or not. Anybody is crazy to think otherwise at this point.
Yes, she is the candidate, at this point. Remind me how many votes she got in the primaries? If they can pull a coup on Biden after bad polling, they can do the same thing to Kamala later too. The DNC is going to be lit in Chicago.
OK, you can have your fantasies but I'm not going to entertain them anymore.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Placeholder? TF? 🤣🤣🤣
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Great choice!

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
You're delusional because you believe it 🤣🤣

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Placeholder? TF? 🤣🤣🤣
Right?! Delusional or what?!

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This election was so depressing. Now it’s kind of fun.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why would this be a surprise that the corporate media(CBS) would try to lie to help Harris? They tried to gaslight everyone about her being the "border czar", and now trying to tell everyone that Trump lied. This is the world we live in.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

REPORT: The media is currently rewriting history in an effort to help the Harris campaign.

Here are 5 hoaxes the media has launched in the past week.

5. CBS claims Trump is lying by saying Harris donated to Minnesota Freedom Fund, bailing out “dangerous criminals” during the George Floyd riots.

Harris promoted the fund on X and encouraged people to donate.

4. President Biden “dropped out” to save democracy.

Biden was forcibly removed by top Democrats who reportedly made threats after he indicated he wasn’t going anywhere.

3. JD Vance had s*x with a couch cushion.

The AP fact checked the claim as false but then removed the fact check because it “didn’t go through our standing editing process.”

2. Kamala Harris was not a DEI pick for Vice President.

President Biden made it clear in 2020 that he was picking his VP based on gender and skin color, confirming that Kamala was indeed a DEI pick.

1. Kamala Harris was never the Border Czar.

The media spent the past week scrubbing *their own* reports since 2021 that Kamala was in charge of the border.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In what way is Kamala Harris a "placeholder"? I don't even get what that means.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I will say, I am enjoying watching the clear palpable fear and concern all the MAGA folks are having right now, including Trump himself. They can see there's a ton of energy behind Kamala's campaign, and they're realizing this election may not be a Trump landslide after all. I am enjoying the schadenfreude of it all.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:19 am
What it means is that she ultimately isn't going to be the candidate on the ballot. What did you think it meant?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:21 am
I will say, I am enjoying watching the clear palpable fear and concern all the MAGA folks are having right now, including Trump himself. They can see there's a ton of energy behind Kamala's campaign, and they're realizing this election may not be a Trump landslide after all. I am enjoying the schadenfreude of it all.
You are enjoying this, because you think it's panic? I don't know anyone that is afraid of Kamala as the choice, but you can go ahead and think that they are if it makes you feel better.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Samantha Bee excellently captures how the GOP and its media are failing to find any insult or taunt that actually works on Kamala Harris:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/samantha- ... tful-flops
One of the more unexpected joys of the past week has been the extent to which Republicans and right wing media outlets seem lost, wandering through the forest, trying to find the perfect phrasing to properly denigrate Kamala Harris.

They don’t exactly know how to hate her yet? I mean they definitely know they hate her, they just aren’t sure why, or how to communicate it in a way that STICKS. And it’s hard because she doesn’t even remind anyone of their bitch ex-wife at all, and her cough prevention machine is concealed so perfectly into her well-fitting and attractive clothes.

“Cacklin’ Kamala Harris” just doesn't have the same ring to it as “Crooked Hillary” or “Biden Crime Family,” after all, and it doesn't begin to touch “Meatball Ron” or the “Old Crow.”

Plus doesn’t everyone sound a bit like a witch when they laugh? If they laugh, which Donald Trump definitely never does. I mean, who could laugh with offspring like that? Ugh, embarrassing.

Republicans are road testing insults and concepts by sending them off into the void like the world’s worst interstellar beacon. I can’t remember-is she a scheming harpy (successful woman) or a wanton harlot (sexually active woman)? Let me know which saggy old trope you all decide on: Kamala Harris is a bitter cat lady! Pause. Pause. Pause. Does this spark anything? Who’s with me? Anyone? Hello, Tokyo?

Dearhearts, there are only a hundred or so days left until the election, better get crackin’!

In the desperate search to find a disparaging message that resonates, here are a few sad trombones that give me a full body cringe.

1. Rep. Tim Burchett referring to Kamala Harris as “the DEI Vice President.” First picture me googling “Is Tim Burchett A Real Person,” then being disappointed to learn the answer is yes. DEI Vice President. No. Even Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy thinks this is a dumb insult, and that guy knows dumb.

2. J.D. Vance implying that women (miserable cat ladies) without biological children don't have a stake in... the future and therefore should not... hold public office? Do I have this right? I was trying to type this sentence without throwing up, but I was unable, so my cat had to fill in for me. I hope she did a good job!. This is just. I just. What vision this man has. What panache. Is there a way I can go back in time and un-read that awful book? Thank goodness I pilfered it from a Free Library.

3. The Republican Senatorial Committee sending out oppo research on Harris that includes her wanting to ban plastic straws and… liking Venn diagrams? A Venn diagram of that insight and the word stupid would simply be a singular circle.

4. And are we really going back to the birtherism well once again? Always awkward when Pop-pop repeats himself in front of company.

Watching them workshop these flaccid concepts in real time is clearly not working, and I am here for every bit of it. I can practically smell the effort all the way over here in my Ivory Tower, and it’s musky and unappealing, like the flat Diet Mountain Dew this guy apparently can’t get enough of. Keep it coming.

And please clap.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:24 am
Mori Chu wrote:
What it means is that she ultimately isn't going to be the candidate on the ballot. What did you think it meant?
Okay, how about double-or-nothing on our previous bet, then? If Kamala is ultimately the Dem candidate on the ballot, I'm off the hook for being wrong about Biden being the candidate. You in? :)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:24 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Okay, how about double-or-nothing on our previous bet, then? If Kamala is ultimately the Dem candidate on the ballot, I'm off the hook for being wrong about Biden being the candidate. You in? :)
I'm not quite as confident in that bet, haha. But, double beer sounds good, regardless of the outcome of the bet. :D

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sometimes it's just comedy and not a hit job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Harris is breaking all kinds of Zoom records left and right (mostly left ;)). The excitement around her candidacy is palpable.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just saw my first Anti Harris commercial. Grainy pictures of Biden falling down and them blaming Kamala for everything. She ruined the American dream!
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.