2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:18 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:51 am
You could also argue that they forced Obama's hand and boxed him in to where he had no choice but to endorse her, just to show that they were wrong.
What evidence would there be to support that argument? Likely Obama just wanted to announce his endorsement on a particular date and in a particular way. This is somewhat common.
Just go on Twitter and you'll find lots of "proof".

I like to get my info directly from the source:
Earlier this week, we got a chance to catch up with a friend who we’ve known for more than 20 years. She’d had a pretty busy couple of days, to say the least. But we couldn’t be more excited for her -- or more thrilled to endorse Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.

We agree with President Biden -- choosing Kamala was one of the best decisions he’s made. She has the resume to prove it: As a prosecutor, she defended the Constitution and fought for folks who deserve a fair shake. As California’s Attorney General, she worked hard to ensure everyone was treated fairly, no matter who they are or who they love. As a Senator, she was one of the strongest voices holding the Trump administration accountable. And, as Vice President, she helped lead the charge on expanding the Affordable Care Act, combating climate change, fighting for reproductive freedom, equality, and the rule of law.

But Kamala has more than a resume. She has the vision, the character, and the strength that this critical moment demands. There is no doubt in our mind that Kamala Harris has exactly what it takes to win this election and deliver for the American people. At a time when the stakes have never been higher, she gives us all reason to hope.

We know over the next few months, Kamala will continue to make her case directly to the American people -- Democrats, Republicans, and independents alike. As she does, she will have our full support -- and we look forward to watching her unite our party and our country around a vision for a brighter, fairer, more prosperous future.

We’re going to do everything we can to elect Kamala Harris the next President of the United States. And we hope you’ll join us.

Barack and Michelle Obama
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:17 am
The amount of blue dot rage farmers you post never ceases to amaze me.
Nobody actually reads them though, right?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:51 am
What's more egregious in my opinion is peoples inability to discern fact from fiction and regardless just repost it. It's like regurgitating vomit.
THIS!

Not only that, they seek it out.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:16 am
TOO wrote:
Only the folks who need to feel like they have a place in the world. Selective outrage gives them a sense of purpose. People that want to be part of something that is bigger than they are.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Kamala is the Democratic Presidential nominee and has the support of her party. Anything from the right is just them whining about it and is meaningless.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:26 am
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Only the folks who need to feel like they have a place in the world. Selective outrage gives them a sense of purpose. People that want to be part of something that is bigger than they are.
That's very good insight, actually.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:49 am
Kamala is the Democratic Presidential nominee and has the support of her party. Anything from the right is just them whining about it and is meaningless.
In2's claims are preposterous. I guess you are right and MAGA is running scared and making up stuff that their masses actually believe. I mean it is so obvious to anybody with an open mind that Kamala is gaining support at an incredible rate and is a very real threat to their throne that they thought they had sewn up from "sleepy" Biden.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:26 am
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
My favorite kind of post is the one where like 7-8 tweets from completely rando, obviously very pro-MAGA accounts, are posted in a row, as if to say, "See? Look at this veritable mountain of evidence for my point! Q.E.D." Never any actual evidence or citation, maybe a blurry photo attachment to some "document" or something if you're lucky. I'm sure there are ten random tweets to support any zany argument out there. What does this prove?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:55 am
Nodack wrote:
In2's claims are preposterous. I guess you are right and MAGA is running scared and making up stuff that their masses actually believe. I mean it is so obvious to anybody with an open mind that Kamala is gaining support at an incredible rate and is a very real threat to their throne that they thought they had sewn up from "sleepy" Biden.
It's crazy how much momentum Kamala has picked up. I wasn't expecting this. And now...she's having FUN doing this. Someone in the flow like her us hard to stop.

How will she handle adversity this time?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:35 am
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
It's crazy how much momentum Kamala has picked up. I wasn't expecting this. And now...she's having FUN doing this. Someone in the flow like her us hard to stop.

Flow is a good way to put it. She has stepped up incredibly to the moment thus far. Maybe even flawlessly. It will be interesting to see if she can keep it up. I mean, she doesn't have to be perfect, and she won't be but so far she has been stellar!

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The bar was set pretty low with Biden at the end. All was lost. It looked like Satan was going to win easily. She is such a breath of fresh air and the opposite of a feeble old white guy.

Rally
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

TOO

Post by TOO »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:35 am
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:

With an obnoxious chicken cackle probably.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What? She laughs?! NOT MY PRESIDENT

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A new poll yesterday from Michigan. These are the polls I care more about than nationwide polls. If Kamala is going to stop Trump she needs to take the lead in more of these swing states. Great to see her pull ahead here when Trump was up by 7-8 points in most of the last few MI polls.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

More polls. Kamala has some real upward momentum in these crucial states.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:14 pm
More polls. Kamala has some real upward momentum in these crucial states.

She's doing it. And she still has VP and convention bounces. Trump will go on the attack -- and she must make sure she still has FUN.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah I think her winning message is about a positive/negative contrast. Trump is always ragey and mean; I am nice. Trump hates and discriminates against women, minorities, so many Americans; I want to bring us together. Trump wants to take us backward; I want to take us forward. We won't go back. That sort of thing. When the various attacks come and the honeymoon period fades, she has to find a way to stay positive and keep that contrast front and center.

Ironically, Trump and the GOP media have helped Kamala in a way by highlighting her laugh. Trump NEVER laughs. He sometimes makes jokes (usually insults), but he doesn't really laugh. Kamala's openly joyful in a way he doesn't know how to be. Keep on laughing, Kamala.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:16 pm
Yeah I think her winning message is about a positive/negative contrast. Trump is always ragey and mean; I am nice. Trump hates and discriminates against women, minorities, so many Americans; I want to bring us together. Trump wants to take us backward; I want to take us forward. We won't go back. That sort of thing. When the various attacks come and the honeymoon period fades, she has to find a way to stay positive and keep that contrast front and center.
Half the country wants ragey and mean and discrimination against women and minorities.

And the Electoral College means they don’t even need half.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah. Even if Kamala wins, knowing that so many people here actively want Trump and Trumpism makes me sad for our country.