Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

So presumably In2, who is all in on so many conspiracy theories, will be all over this one as well? Strangely I haven't heard him say anything about it yet. Perhaps he is doing his own research.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I, for one, don't think there is much meat on this particular bone. IMO Trump probably got hit by a bullet *fragment* or *shrapnel* rather than a whole bullet, which likely would have torn his ear apart and disfigured him. But that's a distinction without a difference. He was shot at by a would-be assassin; the bullet (or an object directly turned into a projectile by that bullet) grazed his ear and bloodied him. It's a blessing that he survived. No need to invent theories about the whole thing being faked, which would be a huge conspiracy involving way too many people with unaligned interests.

TOO

Post by TOO »

My wife sent me this.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:13 pm
So presumably In2, who is all in on so many conspiracy theories, will be all over this one as well? Strangely I haven't heard him say anything about it yet. Perhaps he is doing his own research.
It is interesting that we don't see a damaged ear, but I don't know about the photos. It's too hard to tell. I didn't see anything to comment on yet. I also didn't want to be unkind.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-cr ... cond-term/
“And again, Christians, get out and vote!” he said to a cheering audience. “Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians! I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again.”
In2, if you don’t believe me when I tell you Trump intends to end democracy, believe him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:26 pm
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-cr ... cond-term/
“And again, Christians, get out and vote!” he said to a cheering audience. “Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians! I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again.”
In2, if you don’t believe me when I tell you Trump intends to end democracy, believe him.
He’s a CINO.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:47 pm

My wife sent me this.
Huh? Did he REALLY say this?

Cap

Post by Cap »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:56 pm
TOO wrote:

My wife sent me this.
Yes, he really said it. No, it’s not going to cost him any voters. Even In2 will vote for this.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:59 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:56 pm
TOO wrote:

My wife sent me this.
Yes, he really said it. No, it’s not going to cost him any voters. Even In2 will vote for this.
Holy shit. Starting to look like a Harris landslide. It WILL put most undecideds in the Harris column.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. A very charitable read of Trump's comments would be that he was making a joke about being selfish for the votes: "Just vote (for me) this time. By next time (2028), I can't run for office again, so you don't have to vote again because it won't be me running, so I don't care who wins." But then he says, "It'll be fixed! It'll be fine!" That is sketchy to me; it implies that he's going to "fix" things so you don't need to vote any more, or something.

If you like Trump, you probably roll your eyes at this. "The silly libs in the Suns board are freaking out thinking Trump is a dictator again, when he's just making a joke." But we have heard him say a bunch of things that we consider threats to democracy, and then he jokes about how nobody needs to vote in 4 years because he'll "fix" things by then, and maybe you can understand why we would be worried to hear him talk like that.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:02 pm
Wow. A very charitable read of Trump's comments would be that he was making a joke about being selfish for the votes: "Just vote (for me) this time. By next time (2028), I can't run for office again, so you don't have to vote again because it won't be me running, so I don't care who wins." But then he says, "It'll be fixed! It'll be fine!" That is sketchy to me; it implies that he's going to "fix" things so you don't need to vote any more, or something.

If you like Trump, you probably roll your eyes at this. "The silly libs in the Suns board are freaking out thinking Trump is a dictator again, when he's just making a joke." But we have heard him say a bunch of things that we consider threats to democracy, and then he jokes about how nobody needs to vote in 4 years because he'll "fix" things by then, and maybe you can understand why we would be worried to hear him talk like that.
Imagine this as a Harris ad.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thank you Trump.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

He's just saying it will be fixed so the corrupt Democrats can't steal an election again. Relax guys.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:13 pm
He's just saying it will be fixed so the corrupt Democrats can't steal an election again. Relax guys.
He’s saying you won’t need to vote because the votes will be counted accurately? :roll:

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Wow. This is incredibly weak sauce even if you could theoretically contextualize the no longer needing to vote comments as making the US a theocracy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ech-vance/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Like, what the fuck is this supposed to mean? "In four years you won't have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you're not gonna have to vote." What. The. Fuck.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:44 am
Like, what the fuck is this supposed to mean? "In four years you won't have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you're not gonna have to vote." What. The. Fuck.
I guess it’s ok if you’re maga…. Honestly he’s a problem, but not our biggest problem. That’s the Supreme Court…. They’ll shield that ass hat.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:51 am
Mori Chu wrote:
I guess it’s ok if you’re maga…. Honestly he’s a problem, but not our biggest problem. That’s the Supreme Court…. They’ll shield that ass hat.
Which was his doing.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
It's starting to make the MSM rounds, surprised they took so long to pick it up, must have been as shocked as we were and taken extra time to source and verify. Been chatting with a friend that advises the Economist and he couldn't believe it, either.

Trump is starting to self destruct under pressure.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The healing powers of ketchup.