Harris 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Harris 2024

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:11 am
Mike Johnson and the GOP are putting forward multiple really silly challenges to Kamala's candidacy. They're saying she shouldn't be eligible to appear on the ballot, and separately, Trump is suing to say that she shouldn't be able to access the former Biden/Harris campaign funds. All of these challenges are based on hooey and are very likely to fail, but it's an example of how things go these days I guess.

I think election financing rules might be a challenge, since people were giving money to Biden, not Harris. Also, who is on the ballot and how they are choosen are a part of the election laws within each state, that has deadlines that may have been violated. It might be silly to you, but violating the election laws in the states is something to consider. Personally, I don't care whether she is on the ballot or not, nor do I care if she gets Biden's money or not.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:56 am
Yeah this community note is a real owning. There's a difference between Axios *calling* her the "border czar" and her actually being given some kind of appointment, but I agree that it's sloppy.

Why is the media trying so hard to gaslight everyone by saying Kamala was never the "border czar"? It should open up some people's eyes on to what kind of liars they are.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump is suing? Why would he do that? Why would he bother? All courts are fake and fraudulent according to him. Whatever they decide has to be a travesty of justice.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's you using absolute wording, not him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:31 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:37 am
Harris has better numbers than Biden among black and Hispanic voters. AZ, NV, GA back on the menu?
► Show Spoiler
She's killing it right now. Let's see how Trump counters.
I saw him counter yesterday in a rally and it was as ugly as you could imagine. Lie after lie and then he has the gall to nickname Kamala "Lyin'"! It was absolutely disgusting. I had to change the channel.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thank you. Lyin' Trump in full force.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

As we all know, Trump likes to project his faults onto others. If he calls them a liar enough it will cancel out all his lies. If he calls them a criminal enough it will cancel all his crimes.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

People are pretty excited about Harris?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is yet another example where you will accept very low-quality informational content if it aligns with what you want to be true. I can't fathom why you would think some rando retweeting an informal Dane Cook post somehow was reflective of where people are at for the 2024 election. You really consider this informative?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Here is where you have someone(Dane Cook), that isn't political, just asking random people that follow him on TikTok. Can you think of a better way to get real results from real people?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's completely unscientific. I have no idea what sort of "real people" watch Dane Cook on Tiktok and what determines the algorithm there. It just isn't meaningful.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:48 pm
It's completely unscientific. I have no idea what sort of "real people" watch Dane Cook on Tiktok and what determines the algorithm there. It just isn't meaningful.
But a poll done by CNN or NYT of their viewers/readers without any transparency is completely legit?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nikki Haley chimes in on Harris.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yikes, this is what she is running on? Seems bad.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Remember when I said Kamala would wipe the floor with Trump in a debate? I’m sure In2 does. Trump is running scared.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I genuinely don't think he's scared at all about Kamala. I think, as do a lot of people, that Kamala is just a placeholder and not worth the effort.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:14 pm
I genuinely don't think he's scared at all about Kamala. I think, as do a lot of people, that Kamala is just a placeholder and not worth the effort.
Sorry dude, that’s wishful thinking. She ain’t going anywhere. Face the facts. You are delusional if you think she is a placeholder at this point.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:20 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sorry dude, that’s wishful thinking. She ain’t going anywhere. Face the facts. You are delusional if you think she is a placeholder at this point.
I'm not delusional. The polls put out and the breathless admiration by the media and normally sane Dems is delusional. I could be wrong, but it's not delusional.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:25 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:20 pm
In2ition wrote:
I'm not delusional. The polls put out and the breathless admiration by the media and normally sane Dems is delusional. I could be wrong, but it's not delusional.
Dude, no. She’s the candidate whether you like it or not. Anybody is crazy to think otherwise at this point.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

This is why I hate politics…it’s just a bunch of who can say the worst thing about the other side