Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:26 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:14 pm
Here are the people that will be running our country soon:
► Show Spoiler
I wouldn’t say all her fans can vote. Some are 12.
The Republicans think they do. The whole system is rigged for the Dems, remember?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:52 pm
There’s some really serious stuff in Hur’s report and clearly Biden should be indicted. The whole “sitting presidents” policy complicates it, though.

Trump did commit even worse (“aggravating” as they say) crimes by refusing to hand them over when asked for them, but Biden should nonetheless also be held accountable for his actions. His ghostwriter also obviously obstructed the investigation by deleting audio files (and who knows if Biden or his aides asked him to do so?).

Neither of these men should be President and I will be voting for a third option.
Ya I’m not voting for either of them.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
There’s some really serious stuff in Hur’s report and clearly Biden should be indicted.
What do you think Biden should be indicted for?
JeremyG wrote:
Neither of these men should be President and I will be voting for a third option.
Do you have a particular third option candidate in mind?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:04 pm
JeremyG wrote:
There’s some really serious stuff in Hur’s report and clearly Biden should be indicted. The whole “sitting presidents” policy complicates it, though.

Trump did commit even worse (“aggravating” as they say) crimes by refusing to hand them over when asked for them, but Biden should nonetheless also be held accountable for his actions. His ghostwriter also obviously obstructed the investigation by deleting audio files (and who knows if Biden or his aides asked him to do so?).

Ya I’m not voting for either of them.
I think that will be an issue for Dems, not Cons. There is absolutely nothing Trump could do wrong that would get his followers to say they are voting for a third party. Trump wins that scenario.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I think Trump is going to win if he’s allowed to stay on the ballot. Dems should’ve put out a better candidate

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:13 am
Rough 24-hour news cycle for Biden. The special counsel who investigated him, Hur, clearly had it out for him and wrote a bunch of attacks in the document he produced. The stuff about how Biden shouldn't be charged because he's a feeble old man who wouldn't even remember what happened is clearly below the belt and written for partisan attack, not any kind of objective result of any investigation. And of course the media runs with it.
Anything that goes against the approved narrative of the party is clearly a partisan attack. How is it below the belt? We can all see it, there is no need to gaslight people. It's insulting to everyone's intelligence to say it isn't happening. He even screwed up in his little press conference and then got angry and yelled at a reporter, "THAT'S YOUR JUDGEMENT!", which is also another sign of dementia.
Mori Chu wrote:
Biden is definitely old, and he makes gaffes. Trump does, too, and you can gather clips of each of them making mistakes every week. Trump probably does it less than Biden, but just the other night he got Viktor Orban mixed up and said he was the leader of Turkey (he's the leader of Hungary).
To say that both make gaffes is disingenious, because it's like 10 to 1. And we have to be honest, Trump speaks about 100 times more often/longer than Biden does. So, the real ratio is closer to 100/1 if we are honest.
Mori Chu wrote:
Both of these guys are old men who aren't ideal fits health-wise to be US President. One of them is kind-hearted and trying to do the right thing, and has generally governed moderately and sensibly for four years. The other wants to turn the US into an authoritarian state and enact a bunch of horrific policies to benefit himself and his cronies, and may not even leave office after his 4 years are up, since he already staged an insurrection to subvert the peaceful transfer of power. I wish we had other candidates on both sides, but this is an EASY choice to me. Biden 2024 all the way.
How can you possibly say that Biden has governed moderately? How can you say that he's kind-hearted and trying to do the right thing? Maybe we need to have an honest conversation on how "morally" superior he is.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

“Oh What a Tangled Web Biden Weaves, When He First Practices to Deceive”

Joe Biden and his White House handlers continue to peddle misinformation if not lies about his removal of classified files.

The worst is that Biden—supposedly so unlike Trump—came forward willingly as soon as he realized that he had unlawfully, but inadvertently, removed and possessed classified files. And thus he cooperated fully and promptly with federal authorities.

The truth is far, far different.

Biden removed files improperly both as a Senator and Vice President.

He held some of them in his unlawful possession for perhaps at least 14 years without a word to authorities, dating back at least to his departure from the Senate on January 15, 2009 when he resigned to become Vice President—or if not longer over his some 36-year Senate career.

In fact, in 2017 Biden was fully aware that he had wrongly removed these classified files. As Hur noted, there is a taped conversation on record between Biden and his ghostwriter to just that effect. Biden, at home in Virginia, was recorded as remarking, “I just found all the classified stuff downstairs”.

And yet Biden apparently did nothing. He never came forward to any federal authorities for nearly the next five years.

So given that knowledge, why did the attorneys belatedly disclose Biden’s possession of the files on November 2, 2022? Civic virtue? Altruism? Respect for the law?

Hardly.

Otherwise, Biden would have disclosed his unlawful possession at any time during either the intervening prior years when he was a private citizen or during the first 18 months of his presidency, when he knowingly still possessed classified files and still did nothing about it.

In truth, Biden would likely never have come forward, save for one insurmountable problem: Merrick Garland had likely decided to appoint Jack Smith as a special prosecutor to investigate the Trump files that the FBI had swooped into Mar-a-Lago looking for 3 months earlier on August 8, 2022.

In other words, knowing that Smith or a generic special counsel would very quickly be appointed (Smith was sworn in a little over two weeks later, on November 18, 2022), suddenly Biden and Co. preempted that announcement, in fear that Biden had done virtually the same thing as Trump—albeit without presidential declassification power and for at least 14 years in possession of classified files.

Had the attorneys and Biden not come forward, Trump and others would have asked whether Biden had not also removed files. So to get out in front of the formal announcement of the Smith appointment, they preempted, misleadingly and disingenuously, preening that civic virtue had prompted Biden’s “voluntary” disclosures and “cooperation”.

A final note: one of the more disturbing moments in Biden’s catastrophic press conference was his flare up at Hur’s revelation (“How dare he bring up that!”) that in formal interviews an enfeebled Biden had not remembered the general date of his son’s tragic death from a glioblastoma brain tumor on May 30th, 2015 at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington DC.

Biden went on to vent at Hur.

But Hur was simply documenting his analysis that Biden was severely cognitively impaired, and not as VP Kamala Harris claimed, gratuitously smearing Biden.

But who exactly had serially lied about Beau Biden’s demise, by claiming that he had died while on duty in Iraq, serving in the Delaware National Guard as a Judge Advocate?

Joe Biden.

He has still a bad habit of directing attention away from grieving families of fallen soldiers, by claiming that he too experienced the same nightmare.

Biden had been pilloried in the media to cease such false narratives about his son’s tragic premature death due to natural causes back in the United States, years after his deployment in Iraq.

But to no avail, he continues spinning such myths as he did repeatedly as late as last year.

Sadly, doctoring family tragedies for his own purposes is not new to Biden, as Jack Fowler noted in 2019.

The tragic death in a December 1972 traffic accident of his first wife and daughter, and the injuries of his two sons, was raised for decades by Biden—but in a completely false context of blaming an innocent truck driver, Curtis Dunn for the death.

Dunn was innocent of any culpability. No matter, Biden in his serial retelling for years repeatedly smeared Dunn as drunk driver (“an errant driver who stopped to drink”) who had killed his wife and daughter.

Biden finally gave in to the repeated pleas for decades from the truck driver and after his death, his family.

Or as a 2010 Mark Bowden Atlantic essay on Biden noted:

“For many years, he described the driver of the truck that struck and killed his first wife and their daughter in December 1972 as drunk, which he apparently was not. The tale could hardly be more tragic; why add in a baseless charge? The family of the truck driver has labored to correct the record, but Biden made the reference to drunkenness as recently as 2007, needlessly resurrecting a false and painful accusation.”
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh look, the kind, well-meaning old dictator Joe is big mad.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He should just have him killed like Trump believes should be in his power.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:26 pm
JeremyG wrote:
There’s some really serious stuff in Hur’s report and clearly Biden should be indicted.
What do you think Biden should be indicted for?
Willfully retaining classified documents, which he admitted to his ghostwriter on tape. And willfully disclosing classified information to the same writer.
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:26 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Do you have a particular third option candidate in mind?
If Kennedy is on the ballot in AZ, I will be voting for him.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The standard to be competent to be President is that he can ride a bike? What kind of nonsense does Maddow have in her brain?

When I was growing up, in my small town we had this special needs guy in town named Sheldon. He had some huge thighs, because he would ride is bike all day and listen to Queen on his tape player. I wouldn't vote for Sheldon for President.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just looked up RFK and the first thing it tells me about him is he’s an anti-vax conspiracy guy…no thanks

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:01 pm
I just looked up RFK and the first thing it tells me about him is he’s an anti-vax conspiracy guy…no thanks
Do you ever wonder how this lifelong Democrat royalty could become "anti-vaxxer"? I mean truly look into how it happened and the journey of discovery it took?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but I have my doubts anyone here actually took the time to see his point of view before passing judgement.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:30 pm
Split T wrote:
Do you ever wonder how this lifelong Democrat royalty could become "anti-vaxxer"? I mean truly look into how it happened and the journey of discovery it took?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but I have my doubts anyone here actually took the time to see his point of view before passing judgement.
I did not in regards to RFK, but I have done plenty of study on vaccines in general.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Think about it, people! Which is more likely? That one old former Democrat became an anti-vax kook, or that there's an international CoNsPiRaCy to fool everyone into thinking that evil vaccines are safe? OPEN YOUR EYES

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Tyrants just can't help themselves.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought Biden was a doddering senile old man? Now he's a tyrant and a dictator? Did he mastermind the CoNsPiRaCy to trick people about vaccines too?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yep, he can be all three. If it's not him pushing the WH, who is? If it's someone else, we have a bigger problem.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:38 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:30 pm
Split T wrote:

I did not in regards to RFK, but I have done plenty of study on vaccines in general.
In2, stop. You're wrong here. The passive agreement with RFK is a game you're playing. He's a quack.