Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

Sounds like In2 thinks it was a ... CoNsPiRaCy!1! You keep reading those theories, bub.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mark Zuckerburg isn't endorsing any candidate, but Trump surviving his shooting attempt was "badass." OK, cool, let's praise the aspiring dictator, such a badass. Not endorsing anybody.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, pretty obvious which way he "leans".
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Zuck tried to run for President as a Democrat not so long ago, so it very well may be the case that he "leans" blue. But he seems to want to be in good graces of Trump supporters by complimenting their guy. But you don't need to do that. Trump is an aspiring dictator, a danger, and talking about how "badass" he is just helps normalize him when he's quite dangerous to the country. Zuck should just sit this one out.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Zuck likes fighting. What ever happened to the Zuck/Musk cage fight? Rich guys like Republicans because Republicans like rich guys and always promise to lower their taxes.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:11 am
Sounds like In2 thinks it was a ... CoNsPiRaCy!1! You keep reading those theories, bub.
No need to be an a-hole.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm just disappointed. I know you are a very smart person, and it makes me sad to see you get sucked into frankly crazy conspiracy theories because of social media.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This guy gets such a boner for dictators. (He wants to be like them.)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is all the constant harping on age going to backfire now? Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden, and if elected he'd be the oldest President ever to take office. Biden's weakness may become Kamala's strength.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

It's over for him now

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:37 pm
Is all the constant harping on age going to backfire now? Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden, and if elected he'd be the oldest President ever to take office. Biden's weakness may become Kamala's strength.

You got the memo on the talking point and dutifully started repeatedly it. Bravo, the party applauds you, Comrade.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:05 pm
You got the memo on the talking point and dutifully started repeatedly it. Bravo, the party applauds you, Comrade.
I post here a lot, and I think I've demonstrated that I can think for myself, thanks.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
I post here a lot, and I think I've demonstrated that I can think for myself, thanks.
Impossible. You're part of democratic empire, programmed by evil doers and pedophiles and such.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We all hear various tweets and posts and videos and "talking points" and end up repeating them. It's worth remembering to do our own analysis and not let others completely dictate our opinions to us. But IMO most of us here do that and don't 100% parrot any party line.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
You can and I kid, but it was interesting that it was exactly the talking point that got propagated immediately by the party.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:42 am
You can and I kid, but it was interesting that it was exactly the talking point that got propagated immediately by the party.
I think you're conflating "the party" and the Twitter/X algorithm. A few people made tweets pointing out that now *Trump* is the old man in the race, and these got a lot of likes and clicks, so the algorithm showed them to a lot of people. I don't think it was anything organized by a party or powerful elites controlling anything.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The director of the Secret Service is being questioned by Congress today. I have pushed back on the various conspiracy theories stating that the USSS was in on the assassination and the calls for the director to be fired / resign. But I mostly just want more info before making such a conclusion. They're asking her some good questions. If they truly have messed up their primary job function, I'm fine with them facing accountability and/or some folks being fired or reprimanded or whatever makes sense.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

One thing I don't like.... All of the major news networks are covering the hearing but MSNBC. I'll scan through all of the networks to see how they cover things and irritates me when they do things like this.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just watched some of it because you mentioned it. My News mix on the news mix channel has 4 news stations. CNN, FOX, MSNBC and BBC. The others are weather channels. CNN and FOX had the investigation. MSNBC was covering Harris. BBC was doing a story on Malaria. The Harris story is actually a huge story too imo.

The investigation is not as interesting to me. I believe some nut tried to assassinate Trump and the Secret Service screwed up that day. I am ok with the investigation. There was a breakdown in their performance and someone will be fired. I am not interested in trying to find some conspiracy to kill Trump by the Dark whatever.

I just watched the Secret Service director get grilled by a congressman. He had questions for her that she couldn’t answer and went to the tried and true response of saying we are still going over that data and can’t answer. The Congressman shot back that it has been nine days. Why don’t you have those answers and said she should lose her job.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Yea, I watched a good chunk of the hearing... I'll say one thing, she should be fired. The gaslighting by her was unacceptable in my opinion and just allows for too many conspiracy theories to linger. I'd rather not leave room for that garbage.