The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

They say it’s a stupid move by Trump? I don’t agree. Trump might have to debate Kamala and apparently Tulsi destroyed Kamala in a debate. Just as a debate coach she could prove useful. She can play Kamal in practice debates. I shows Tulsi’s true colors instead of the liberal Democrat she first claimed to be and ran as.

Tulsi like Trump is really good at selling what they are selling because they do it with such conviction that you want to believe it. You believe that they believe. I thought Tulsi was kind of hot, served in the military and spoke with such a calm demeanor and passion about her beliefs that I wanted to support her. Then I started hearing this Russian stuff and conspiracy theories coming out of her and I was done.

I like the move if I am a Trump fan. It’s not stupid. She can help him prep for Kamala.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans are racist.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It seems lots of Republican leaders are breaking with Trump and backing Harris, which has upset some people.

leader in Montgomery County swatted after publicly endorsing Kamala Harris
https://6abc.com/post/republican-leader ... /15207035/
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I quite liked this speech from Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R) at the DNC last night. He eloquently makes the case for supporting Kamala over Trump as a conservative Republican.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This made me chuckle. This is during Kari Lake's speech at the RNC. The prompter guy keeps inserting increasingly aggressive messages telling her to wrap it up because DJT is waiting to speak.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tucker Carlson is a literal Nazi apologist.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A new indictment alleges that a group of right-wing influencers is being funded and operated by a Russian influence operation. Wow. This is literally Russia injecting its propaganda into the US social media using conservative personalities and influencers. They're being assets, being "handled."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, they're getting played.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:37 pm

According to them, Russia are the good guys and Europe are the bad guys. They’re not getting played, they’re just picking sides.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:46 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:37 pm

According to them, Russia are the good guys and Europe are the bad guys. They’re not getting played, they’re just picking sides.
Unfortunately for them, neither of them are America which is what they think they're supporting.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think long-term we are going to find other nefarious influences on our media, especially social media. I mean China is openly manipulating TikTok for one thing, but I think a lot of Twitter and other social accounts are e probably foreign bots and/or AI astroturfing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Cheney's announce that they (Dick and Liz) room be voting for Kamala Harris. I can't remember seeing a candidate like Trump who had so thoroughly disgusted so many past leaders of his own party, such that they openly announce that they don't support his campaign or are voting for his opponent.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Statement from Dick Cheney on Trump. To have a past VP from your own party say this about you is really striking.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Strong statement!

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

But hey, he has Sarah Palin and Nikki Haley's support!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Liz Cheney interview (thread) is worth a watch. She is clearly a principled conservative who views Trump as a genuine threat to the country. I'm glad she is speaking out like this. I don't think it makes her a RINO or a traitor to her party or whatever. She clearly idolizes Reagan and other major conservatives and past Republicans, but can't stomach Trump.