2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
TOO

Re: 2024 Election

Post by TOO »

Biden has eliminated himself, now I just need the pumpkin to not wake up again and the world will start to heal.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Once again, I've said it over and over. Nobody to blame but democrats for not having the balls to push aside their demented leader to bring forward a candidate with a pulse. Essentially anyone remotely likable could beat Trump. Bidens gonna lose and you're all gonna whine about it

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:15 pm
Why did Biden agree to this? Such a bad look…I’m feeling great about my decision not to vote for either of these guys…there’s zero chance Biden can be president another 4 years…he probably needs to be removed now. He’s clearly not mentally fit for this. I don’t know what the Dems do but they gotta do something fast or we are handing this country over to Trump and Maga
Been saying this for months and people here reacted like it was preposterous that America would vote in an evil madman over a corpse, instead of accepting it was a legitimate likelihood

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:30 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:03 am
P.S. We already made a bet that Joe wasn't going to be on the ballot in Nov, which included if there isn't an Election at that time. Did you forget?
I already completely forgot about that. We bet about whether Joe Biden would make it to the Nov election? If so, I think I'll win that one easily. We shall see.
Still feeling confident?
It's the lowest point of the 2024 campaign for Biden, to be sure. And I feel terrified. But I still don't think he is going to step aside. He's a proud man who won't want to do that, and, I think he (perhaps correctly) believes that this may blow over after the initial shock wears off in the coming days and weeks. Especially if he is able to have several more animated appearances in a row where he seems unlike the debate night and is able to convince voters that it was an aberration brought on by being sick and fatigued or whatever.

Do I buy this, and think Biden will still win? Ehhhh. I'm scared. I think he may have lost himself the election last night. But there are still months to go, and a lot can still happen. We have to wait and see. I still think Joe is going to carry the nomination through to November.
People with dementia often do not have insight into their disease, so I'm not surprised he thinks he can

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:56 pm
Once again, I've said it over and over. Nobody to blame but democrats for not having the balls to push aside their demented leader to bring forward a candidate with a pulse. Essentially anyone remotely likable could beat Trump. Bidens gonna lose and you're all gonna whine about it
Those assholes didn’t listen to you? I can’t believe that.

1852 was the last time and only time it happened in US history. Franklin Pierce was pro slavery during a time where being pro slavery wasn’t cool in Washington.

You don't boot an incumbent US President from his job. He decides for himself. He’s been in Washington a long time and has earned a lot of respect from his peers. Even Mitch McConnell has come out recently saying he likes Joe and that he is a good guy. Obviously not everyone respects him. The Dems were never just going to boot Biden. That’s not balls. That’s just disrespect and disloyalty. Many Americans probably like Joe and he is President. Someone was just going to boot him somehow and that wouldn’t divide the party? It is no doubt a sticky situation. He needs an intervention and needs to bow out gracefully. They should have pushed aside Joe a long time ago? Preposterous.

Biden’s Presidency has been a good one for me. I pretty much agreed with everything he did. I thought he handled everything pretty well. I don’t know if it is him or his advisors but, his actual actions I have been very good IMO. I realize a healthy portion of America will disagree with that and offer me all kinds of reasons he’s Satan but, I certainly don’t care. He’s guilty of being old and being in office too long. He needs to step down on his own. Maybe an intervention but, HE needs to be the one.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:00 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:56 pm
Those assholes didn’t listen to you? I can’t believe that.

1852 was the last time and only time it happened in US history. Franklin Pierce was pro slavery during a time where being pro slavery wasn’t cool in Washington.

You don't boot an incumbent US President from his job. He decides for himself. He’s been in Washington a long time and has earned a lot of respect from his peers. Even Mitch McConnell has come out recently saying he likes Joe and that he is a good guy. Obviously not everyone respects him. The Dems were never just going to boot Biden. That’s not balls. That’s just disrespect and disloyalty. Many Americans probably like Joe and he is President. Someone was just going to boot him somehow and that wouldn’t divide the party? It is no doubt a sticky situation. He needs an intervention and needs to bow out gracefully. They should have pushed aside Joe a long time ago? Preposterous.

Biden’s Presidency has been a good one for me. I pretty much agreed with everything he did. I thought he handled everything pretty well. I don’t know if it is him or his advisors but, his actual actions I have been very good IMO. I realize a healthy portion of America will disagree with that and offer me all kinds of reasons he’s Satan but, I certainly don’t care. He’s guilty of being old and being in office too long. He needs to step down on his own. Maybe an intervention but, HE needs to be the one.
This isn't a basketball team. He's running the country. Loyalty my ass dude

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:05 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:30 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:03 am
P.S. We already made a bet that Joe wasn't going to be on the ballot in Nov, which included if there isn't an Election at that time. Did you forget?
I already completely forgot about that. We bet about whether Joe Biden would make it to the Nov election? If so, I think I'll win that one easily. We shall see.
Still feeling confident?
It's the lowest point of the 2024 campaign for Biden, to be sure. And I feel terrified. But I still don't think he is going to step aside. He's a proud man who won't want to do that, and, I think he (perhaps correctly) believes that this may blow over after the initial shock wears off in the coming days and weeks. Especially if he is able to have several more animated appearances in a row where he seems unlike the debate night and is able to convince voters that it was an aberration brought on by being sick and fatigued or whatever.

Do I buy this, and think Biden will still win? Ehhhh. I'm scared. I think he may have lost himself the election last night. But there are still months to go, and a lot can still happen. We have to wait and see. I still think Joe is going to carry the nomination through to November.

Here's what I see happening. He makes it through to the DNC convention, secures the nomination and then suddenly announces he's dropping out. This will give the power to the DNC to pick anyone they want to replace him and they won't need to have a special primary. It's also what they are trying to convince Ohio to extend the time period. The ballots may even be printed, but Dems will have the understanding that they are voting for a different candidate.
Short of having a stroke, there’s no way he drops out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Who is "Dougie Kass" and how does what he is "hearing" matter? This poorly sourced slop is really a waste of time unless they are real insiders.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Doug Kass is a Founder and President of Seabreeze Partners Management, Inc., a privately-owned hedge fund sponsor that invests in the public equity of the United States. He's a major player in the Democratic party.

You must not be a big player, as you didn't know that. His contacts and friends are far far above your head, it seems. Yet, you mock him. Weird.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:35 pm
Doug Kass is a Founder and President of Seabreeze Partners Management, Inc., a privately-owned hedge fund sponsor that invests in the public equity of the United States. He's a major player in the Democratic party.

You must not be a big player, as you didn't know that. His contacts and friends are far far above your head, it seems. Yet, you mock him. Weird.
So he's some donor hedge fund guy? Why in the world would he have any inside knowledge of the President's plans? This is ridiculous.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:10 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:35 pm

So he's some donor hedge fund guy? Why in the world would he have any inside knowledge of the President's plans? This is ridiculous.
The reason he would is because he his circle of friends are the ones making the decisions.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There is no reason to believe that he would have any insight into the President's decision. Garbage source.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Says you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How about the New York Times?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:05 pm
How about the New York Times?
Yes, NYT is a much better source than random VC investor guy or whoever he was.

One thing that several of your Twitter sources seem to do is, they cite NYT or some source in a screenshot, but then they don't link to the actual article they quoted from. Why not? Why can't I just click / read the article for myself? It's irritating. It's better to go to the primary source, not accept these secondary vultures and their interpretations of things.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You can use Google, ChatGPT, or even use the URL https://www.nytimes.com/ to find the article yourself. Sometimes, people don't want to link the article for whatever reason. It might be because they don't want it tracked back to their twitter account, idk.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ew. RFK ate dog meat, and took a silly photo about to chomp on a cooked dog carcass.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do you think that he got a brain worm from eating dog?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The eating dog thing comes from this Vanity Fair article, which generally portrays him as completely batshit. Which seems to be an accurate portrayal.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:13 am
Do you think that he got a brain worm from eating dog?
Unknown. I believe RFK himself has said that he likely got it by traveling to various other countries where such parasites are more common.

RFK Jr.'s spokesperson has said he contracted the parasite by traveling to places in Africa, South America, and Asia in his role as "an environmental advocate."
In areas where we do have cysticercosis, you can improve the hygiene so that people do not make contact with the fecal matter or the urine of pigs.