2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Biden said he would be a one-term president when he ran in 2020 to get the country back on track. Should have stuck to his guns. Now he's part of the problem. I don't think it's too late to sub somebody else in. The democratic convention could get interesting.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yikes, it was that bad for Biden? Time to bow out and get someone else in there

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:45 pm
Maybe Jill should run in his stead.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

If they have to call an audible, who's it going to be? Newsome would be my guess.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:36 pm
If they have to call an audible, who's it going to be? Newsome would be my guess.
Same.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why did Biden agree to this? Such a bad look…I’m feeling great about my decision not to vote for either of these guys…there’s zero chance Biden can be president another 4 years…he probably needs to be removed now. He’s clearly not mentally fit for this. I don’t know what the Dems do but they gotta do something fast or we are handing this country over to Trump and Maga

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am hoping that the debate was a big wake up call for Biden and the Dems. Maybe Jill or Obama or the future polls can convince him to step aside. A cadaver is still better than Trump.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:15 pm
Why did Biden agree to this? Such a bad look…I’m feeling great about my decision not to vote for either of these guys…there’s zero chance Biden can be president another 4 years…he probably needs to be removed now. He’s clearly not mentally fit for this. I don’t know what the Dems do but they gotta do something fast or we are handing this country over to Trump and Maga
Yeah, when he was elected I was hopeful he could get through 4 years, but maybe 3 1/2 is his limit. I never imagined he would try for 8. :shock:

Split T

Post by Split T »

I always assumed it was set up for Kamala to run in 2024…people didn’t seem to like her though. I really don’t know what the Dems do…gonna be interesting.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t get the Kamal hate. I admit I haven’t been a fan personally of her but, what has she actually done to make people hate her? VP’s are for show. They don’t really do anything. I kind of assumes Kamala would take over for Biden at some point. Now it doesn’t look good for Biden and that means it doesn’t look good for her. What if Biden does step down and Kamala becomes President now? Do they find a new candidate or do they go with Kamala?
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL. I saw another funny tweet saying that right now Newsom was doing pull-ups like De Niro in Cape Fear.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I assume that even Joe and Jill’s plan was just to beat Trump and then resign shortly after January 20, right? Right??? They have to know he can’t keep going like this!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:03 am
P.S. We already made a bet that Joe wasn't going to be on the ballot in Nov, which included if there isn't an Election at that time. Did you forget?
I already completely forgot about that. We bet about whether Joe Biden would make it to the Nov election? If so, I think I'll win that one easily. We shall see.
Still feeling confident?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:30 am
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
P.S. We already made a bet that Joe wasn't going to be on the ballot in Nov, which included if there isn't an Election at that time. Did you forget?
I already completely forgot about that. We bet about whether Joe Biden would make it to the Nov election? If so, I think I'll win that one easily. We shall see.
Still feeling confident?
It's the lowest point of the 2024 campaign for Biden, to be sure. And I feel terrified. But I still don't think he is going to step aside. He's a proud man who won't want to do that, and, I think he (perhaps correctly) believes that this may blow over after the initial shock wears off in the coming days and weeks. Especially if he is able to have several more animated appearances in a row where he seems unlike the debate night and is able to convince voters that it was an aberration brought on by being sick and fatigued or whatever.

Do I buy this, and think Biden will still win? Ehhhh. I'm scared. I think he may have lost himself the election last night. But there are still months to go, and a lot can still happen. We have to wait and see. I still think Joe is going to carry the nomination through to November.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:30 am
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Still feeling confident?
It's the lowest point of the 2024 campaign for Biden, to be sure. And I feel terrified. But I still don't think he is going to step aside. He's a proud man who won't want to do that, and, I think he (perhaps correctly) believes that this may blow over after the initial shock wears off in the coming days and weeks. Especially if he is able to have several more animated appearances in a row where he seems unlike the debate night and is able to convince voters that it was an aberration brought on by being sick and fatigued or whatever.

Do I buy this, and think Biden will still win? Ehhhh. I'm scared. I think he may have lost himself the election last night. But there are still months to go, and a lot can still happen. We have to wait and see. I still think Joe is going to carry the nomination through to November.

Here's what I see happening. He makes it through to the DNC convention, secures the nomination and then suddenly announces he's dropping out. This will give the power to the DNC to pick anyone they want to replace him and they won't need to have a special primary. It's also what they are trying to convince Ohio to extend the time period. The ballots may even be printed, but Dems will have the understanding that they are voting for a different candidate.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass