2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Mori Chu »

I assume it means that the poll was done by IPSOS, that they surveyed 1,018 registered voters (RVs), on the date of 7/22.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:40 pm
I assume it means that the poll was done by IPSOS, that they surveyed 1,018 registered voters (RVs), on the date of 7/22.
OK, thanks. Then 1,018 stands out. Meaningless. Who were these registered voters? Was it a wide swath or a narrow one? Incredibly small sample size either way.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ipsos factos
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Ah, good ole Ipsos. I used to work there years ago, and revenue was always highest in election years due to these types of polls. A 1k sample size is ridiculously small and not indicative of anything really.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Depending on where you took the poll you can get any results you want.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:32 pm
I see your point. The die hards won’t be swayed one way or the other but, I see where the undecideds will have a whole new equation to decipher.

Edit: I can only see how she helps the equation for Dems.
I agree, I wasn’t voting for Biden, but I’ll probably vote for Kamala

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I would literally vote for a box of rocks before voting for Trump.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I was never voting for Trump either

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lollll

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Obama called Harris a Marxist fraud?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“There is a strong sense by many in the Democrat Party – namely Barack Hussein Obama – that Kamala Harris is a Marxist fraud who cannot beat President Trump, and they are still holding out for someone ‘better,'” Trump spokesman Cheung said.

They have to know that Obama is going to call BS on this and endorse Kamala.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You could also argue that they forced Obama's hand and boxed him in to where he had no choice but to endorse her, just to show that they were wrong.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:51 am
You could also argue that they forced Obama's hand and boxed him in to where he had no choice but to endorse her, just to show that they were wrong.
What evidence would there be to support that argument? Likely Obama just wanted to announce his endorsement on a particular date and in a particular way. This is somewhat common.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:18 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:51 am
What evidence would there be to support that argument? Likely Obama just wanted to announce his endorsement on a particular date and in a particular way. This is somewhat common.
He advocated for an Open convention prior.

The particular date was Yesterday, and he wanted his call to be recorded for her to be filmed taking it from a parking garage?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It is a little weird, I'll admit. My guess is that Obama didn't want to immediately endorse Kamala because he wanted it to be perceived as the Dem voters anointing Kamala, not "elites" like himself or other powerful people trying to "force" Kamala to be the choice. But he didn't anticipate that Biden would basically insist on it being Kamala as a condition of his stepping down, and that almost immediately 100% of the other viable contenders would step aside and endorse Kamala, and that there'd be this huge swelling of support for her within minutes of Biden's announcement. But I don't really know because Obama won't return my calls.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:50 am
It is a little weird, I'll admit. My guess is that Obama didn't want to immediately endorse Kamala because he wanted it to be perceived as the Dem voters anointing Kamala, not "elites" like himself or other powerful people trying to "force" Kamala to be the choice. But he didn't anticipate that Biden would basically insist on it being Kamala as a condition of his stepping down, and that almost immediately 100% of the other viable contenders would step aside and endorse Kamala, and that there'd be this huge swelling of support for her within minutes of Biden's announcement. But I don't really know because Obama won't return my calls.
Did Biden actually insist on it being Kamala? There are conflicting reports on that, and people believe that they have evidence that it wasn't quite as nice as it's portrayed.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The amount of blue dot rage farmers you post never ceases to amaze me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

At some point this stuff just gets silly. It's weird that people believe and repost these things so eagerly.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

What's more egregious in my opinion is peoples inability to discern fact from fiction and regardless just repost it. It's like regurgitating vomit.