Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

The Dems are clearly doing deep-dive oppo on Vance, digging up old statements and interviews and reposting them to make him look extreme. Which is standard practice and fine. Curious how he responds to all this stuff. I saw some rumors that Trump's inner circle were even having some regrets about picking him as VP, which I don't know whether to take seriously or not. I think it'd look bad / embarrassing to yank him from the ticket, so I doubt Trump does that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:09 am
The Dems are clearly doing deep-dive oppo on Vance, digging up old statements and interviews and reposting them to make him look extreme. Which is standard practice and fine. Curious how he responds to all this stuff. I saw some rumors that Trump's inner circle were even having some regrets about picking him as VP, which I don't know whether to take seriously or not. I think it'd look bad / embarrassing to yank him from the ticket, so I doubt Trump does that.
It's definitely a fair question. We'll see how it plays out.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am not sure what the thinking was on Vance. His state is Red and not in play. Vance said a lot of not so nice things about Trump in recent memory. He said the same things we all said and saw but, like all good Republicans, ignored all of that, bent the knee and kissed the ring.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sheesh
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If Trump were really savvy he would have tried to mend fences with Nikki Haley and asked her to be the VP. She would have gotten him a lot of moderates and anti-Trump Republicans and women. But he doesn't like her and probably didn't want to work with her. I bet she would have accepted the offer if asked. She said a lot of critical things about Trump, but she did end up endorsing him at the RNC. And most of these people (in both parties) want power and fame at the end of the day.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

A lot of people have said bad things about Trump and were able to be welcomed into his camp. Nicky ran against him and said some not so nice things about him too. She lost her bid and has bent the knee and kissed his ring. Maybe he’s still pissed she was such a thorn in his side during the nomination process.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Dems keep digging up old stuff from Vance. He has made a lot of cringey comments.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's a bunch of these old clips where Vance just shits on Trump. It has to be irritating to see these get dug up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:41 pm
If Trump were really savvy he would have tried to mend fences with Nikki Haley and asked her to be the VP. She would have gotten him a lot of moderates and anti-Trump Republicans and women. But he doesn't like her and probably didn't want to work with her. I bet she would have accepted the offer if asked. She said a lot of critical things about Trump, but she did end up endorsing him at the RNC. And most of these people (in both parties) want power and fame at the end of the day.
Well Vance was a never Trumper so he’s a lying sack too. All of these weak-ass candidates are willing to go back on their word.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aging, incoherent felon refuses to drop out of presidential race
With Biden’s exit, we hope the purple parts of the country that couldn’t trust the president’s mental competency will now see the obvious truth about Trump

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/edi ... 589577.php

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Very catchy!

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

You know, Vance just might cost Trump the election.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:32 am
You know, Vance just might cost Trump the election.
More like (Kamala + Vance). BTW if you're immature and want to laugh at a compilation of the funnier tweets about the Vance "couch" saga, here's a fun thread:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Welp, his ear looks terrible. Like it took a bullet.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In a social media post Thursday night, Mr. Trump lashed out at Mr. Wray, saying: “No wonder the once storied F.B.I. has lost the confidence of America!”

Mr. Trump said there was no glass and no shrapnel. “No, it was, unfortunately, a bullet that hit my ear, and hit it hard.”

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:52 pm
I lmao’d at this one…. Maybe he’ll be a Wolverine variant in Deadpool and Wolverine. I mean he has the hair for it.