Israel / Palestine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
specialsauce

Re: Israel / Palestine

Post by specialsauce »

virtual9mm wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:22 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:33 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:07 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:38 pm
I see what you are trying to say. I am just not buying it. If you guys want to say the Palestinians had/have nothing to do with attacking Israel for the past 70+ years and are just innocent people who just want to live happily side by side with their Israeli neighbors in the spirit of friendship, then go ahead.
Your hands have the blood of millions of innocent victims as well then. How do you sleep at night? Actually, how do your Mexican, black and Muslim neighbors sleep knowing someone with full culpability for the crimes by the Us government against them is their next door neighbor?

You see how that works?
I see you talking gibberish now.
I have to admit that I buy Sauce's analogy here. And another one that's relevant -- if you believe that the Palestinians are culpable as a whole for the actions of Hamas, you have to admit that the Israelis are culpable as a whole for an indiscriminatory bombing campaign.

Saucy -- let's try to keep things civil, shall we? Nodack -- in the 20-something years I've known you, I've never seen you this worked up about anything.
Telling me my thoughts are gibberish isn't the picture of civility lol

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

To be fair, I've read sauce's posts here and in the Suns/NBA section, and it's clear that he has suffered multiple major concussions and/or maybe partakes of bath salts or paint sniffing on a regular basis. But I generally agree with him on this topic.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:22 pm
To be fair, I've read sauce's posts here and in the Suns/NBA section, and it's clear that he has suffered multiple major concussions and/or maybe partakes of bath salts or paint sniffing on a regular basis. But I generally agree with him on this topic.
Your mom has knocked me around a bit in our time for sure

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:21 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:22 pm
Your mom has knocked me around a bit in our time for sure
Yo mama so… Yo mama Popeye Jones.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

virtual9mm wrote:
Nodack wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:
I see what you are trying to say. I am just not buying it. If you guys want to say the Palestinians had/have nothing to do with attacking Israel for the past 70+ years and are just innocent people who just want to live happily side by side with their Israeli neighbors in the spirit of friendship, then go ahead.
Your hands have the blood of millions of innocent victims as well then. How do you sleep at night? Actually, how do your Mexican, black and Muslim neighbors sleep knowing someone with full culpability for the crimes by the Us government against them is their next door neighbor?

You see how that works?
I have to admit that I buy Sauce's analogy here. And another one that's relevant -- if you believe that the Palestinians are culpable as a whole for the actions of Hamas, you have to admit that the Israelis are culpable as a whole for an indiscriminatory bombing campaign.

Saucy -- let's try to keep things civil, shall we? Nodack -- in the 20-something years I've known you, I've never seen you this worked up about anything.
I appreciate your candor as always 9mm. I have the utmost respect for you, even if we don’t agree. Saucy seems to enjoy pushing buttons and I generally don’t get along with those people.

I think the US has done a lot of good and bad things in its history like a lot of nations. There is quite a long list of wrongs committed against all kinds of people throughout our history. I was taught mostly the good in school and the rest later on in life. Yet here I am, an American. I didn’t ask to be born, I just was. Do I feel the weight of all the wrongs ever committed in the name of the US and feel responsible? Maybe slightly, but not much. I feel more responsibility for my actions in my lifetime. How do I treat the people I meet in my lifetime. Stand up for what I believe in.

I don’t like what either side has done. They need to bury the hatchet somehow and that looks as elusive as a Suns Championship banner. We aren’t going to agree obviously. That happens.
In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:51 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:39 am
How do you expect the Palestinian civilians to surrender? Hamas is not them…none of us were alive for WW2, but I would not have been ok with dropping a nuke on Japan..killing civilians should always be avoided at all costs, not used to force a surrender.
If you were President instead of Truman you would be responsible for an extra couple hundred thousand American deaths in WWII. Just as many Japanese would have probably died without using the nukes if we even won and it would be bloody as hell. We weren’t stopping until unconditional surrender. Same with Germany.

Like I said Hamas was formed by a Palestinian and how many of its soldiers are Palestinians? The Palestinians are total neutered sheep with no balls whatsoever to make any decisions for themselves according you guys.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:17 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Nodack wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:

You see how that works?

I appreciate your candor as always 9mm. I have the utmost respect for you, even if we don’t agree. Saucy seems to enjoy pushing buttons and I generally don’t get along with those people.

I think the US has done a lot of good and bad things in its history like a lot of nations. There is quite a long list of wrongs committed against all kinds of people throughout our history. I was taught mostly the good in school and the rest later on in life. Yet here I am, an American. I didn’t ask to be born, I just was. Do I feel the weight of all the wrongs ever committed in the name of the US and feel responsible? Maybe slightly, but not much. I feel more responsibility for my actions in my lifetime. How do I treat the people I meet in my lifetime. Stand up for what I believe in.

I don’t like what either side has done. They need to bury the hatchet somehow and that looks as elusive as a Suns Championship banner. We aren’t going to agree obviously. That happens.
I think the word you were looking for when you took another shot at me was accountability.

And the bolded font sounds pretty neutered to
me according to your previous statement. Baaaaahh

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack -- thank you for the kind words and you know that I have always respected your views. Usually you are the very epitome of moderation. The strength of your convictions on this issue are not typical for you. We both feel the weight of history...

Saucy -- I totally get where you are coming from but perhaps it is time to let things cool off a bit? Thanks!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Six Israeli hostages were found murdered by Hamas near Rafah. Very sad.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tel Aviv. There's a big protest going on because Netanyahu hasn't accepted a cease-fire. Interesting.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Good for them. We need that messaging that what the current government is doing doesn’t represent all the people of Israel.

We’d probably be getting some of that on the other side too if people were free to do it.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Cap wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:30 pm
Good for them. We need that messaging that what the current government is doing doesn’t represent all the people of Israel.

We’d probably be getting some of that on the other side too if people were free to do it.
All of this is happening because Netanyahu doesn't want to go to jail for corruption once he loses office

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

UK to halt some arms sales to Israel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I guess a whole bunch (thousands) of people's pagers spontaneously exploded the other day, killing and injuring several people. The carriers of these pagers were reportedly members of Hezbollah. It's being reported that the Israeli government carried out this explosion attack? Lots of questions here. How did they make people's devices remotely detonate? How were the devices able to explode? Did they have explosive materials in them? Is this tech in any other devices?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Evidently walkie talkies too... Also saw something about something was pre-planted in them.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/18/world/vi ... non-digvid

Crazy....

Man, if this is what humans do to us, I can't wait for AI to become sentient and melt us all with our phones.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I am much more for Israel doing targeted strikes like this than for them to carpet bomb kids.