2024 Suns General Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2024 Suns General Offseason News

Post by Mori Chu »

Make it happen, Suns! Go get your boy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

We don’t really have need for Payne now that we have Morris

Carno

Post by Carno »

Agreed.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I preferred to bring him back over Lee. Lee is so redundant between Booker, Beal and Allen. We didn't need another SG. Need to stack up on players with some handles. Would've preferred taking Payne as an end of bench locker room guy instead with Morris. Assuming we don't get Lowry.

I still think we need a thicc 4. We're going to run into the same problem as last year of getting pounded.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'd rather have a bigger wing player, although I can't say any of the guys left would really make a difference.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:42 am
Good, I don’t want Kessler…I think he sucks
He is solid, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to give up a 1st round pick for him. Reportedly the Knicks offered 2 first rounders, which is nuts.
Free Agency
DeMar Derozan for the minimum!

PG: Jordan McLaughlin, Killian Hayes, Kris Dunn, Spencer Dinwiddie, Monte Morris
C: Mo Bamba, Andre Drummond, James Wiseman, Goga Bitadze, Jay Huff

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:50 pm
I'd rather have a bigger wing player, although I can't say any of the guys left would really make a difference.
I think Brandon Boston potentially could.
Free Agency

PG: Jordan McLaughlin, Killian Hayes, Kris Dunn, Spencer Dinwiddie, Monte Morris

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:29 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:12 am
I like everything Durant is saying.
He definitely speaks as if he's the leader of the team.
But we did win 49 games last year — it was a discombobulated season. Guys in and out, we didn’t have quite a rhythm on the offensive side of the ball, defensively we still trying to figure stuff out and we still was able to win 49 games our first year together. We just want to build off that. I love what we have. I feel confident in our group and I feel like a lot of people are underestimating us because of what we did last year so it’s on us to come out there and play with that chip on our shoulder.
I can't get with this. I know the org is essentially selling that everything was Vogel's fault, but aside from his coaching, if we can't get past "guys in and out" then we don't have a chance. Durant actually had an exceptionally healthy year.

The Big 3 miss games; a lot of them. Expecting or counting on something other than that just isn't realistic.
Free Agency

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:32 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:27 pm
Yeah, that Oso jump shot is painful to watch.
Was your signature meant for the Suns? 1 out of 11 isn't bad. And DeRozan for the minimum was a pipe dream.
Yes. And I know the DeRozan thing was a pipe dream.
Free Agency

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:25 am
O_Gardino wrote:
OK, let's get him. Boston does win chips, after all.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:12 pm
INFORMER wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Would you guys have more than a feeling if they signed him?

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

TOO wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:24 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:12 pm
INFORMER wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Would you guys have more than a feeling if they signed him?
It might give some piece of mind for some.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just pictured him huffing down darts and muttering "play random" to himself at a blackjack table at 2am.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:06 pm
I just pictured him huffing down darts and muttering "play random" to himself at a blackjack table at 2am.

I walked out almost $4,600 on top in Vegas with this strategy.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:32 am
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
But we did win 49 games last year — it was a discombobulated season. Guys in and out, we didn’t have quite a rhythm on the offensive side of the ball, defensively we still trying to figure stuff out and we still was able to win 49 games our first year together. We just want to build off that. I love what we have. I feel confident in our group and I feel like a lot of people are underestimating us because of what we did last year so it’s on us to come out there and play with that chip on our shoulder.
I can't get with this. I know the org is essentially selling that everything was Vogel's fault, but aside from his coaching, if we can't get past "guys in and out" then we don't have a chance. Durant actually had an exceptionally healthy year.

The Big 3 miss games; a lot of them. Expecting or counting on something other than that just isn't realistic.
You interpreted that statement differently than me. I took it as the role players all changed as the year went on. A lot of those min FAs to start the year just didn’t work out very well and were “in and out” of the lineup. After the trade deadline, we had a much different rotation. So more “in and out.” (Now I’m hungry. Having a double double for dinner tonight.)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:32 pm
INFORMER wrote:
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You interpreted that statement differently than me. I took it as the role players all changed as the year went on. A lot of those min FAs to start the year just didn’t work out very well and were “in and out” of the lineup. After the trade deadline, we had a much different rotation. So more “in and out.” (Now I’m hungry. Having a double double for dinner tonight.)
Did you say a double shot of Metamucil?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:32 pm
INFORMER wrote:
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Did you say a double shot of Metamucil?
I did not. But if that's your thing, go for it!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Am I the only one to look at an all-defense lineup? Put Okogie and Dunn on the ballhandlers and Oso as a small ball C. Find 2 other mobile defenders (maybe even Durant) and run a full court press the entire time. Score off steals and broken plays. Disrupt the opponent's offense for a few minutes and shake things up for a few min.